Everyone deserves clean, safe drinking water. So why do 785 million people in the world live without it?
Check out these eye-popping statistics on the impact of clean water access:
• Diseases from dirty water kill more people every year than all forms of violence, including war.
• Clean water helps keep kids in school, especially girls.
• In Africa alone, women spend 40 billion hours a year walking for water.
• Women are responsible for 72% of the water collected in Sub-Saharan Africa.
• Every $1 invested in clean water can yield $4–$12 in economic returns.
charity: water is a non-profit organization bringing clean and safe drinking water to people in developing countries. They work with local experts and community members to find the best sustainable solution to their water needs. They also bring on partners to coordinate sanitation and hygiene training, and establish a local Water Committee to help keep water flowing for years to come in each area they take on.
When you donate to charity: water, your entire donation goes to the cause. All operating costs are funded by private donors.
Bona fides: Prevention, Forbes, CNBC, The New York Times, CNN